The laser-based DP position reference system that provides enhanced vessel reliability and ensures the safety of operations across multiple vessels.
Designed according to two key principles
Fanbeam 5 is engineered to support DPOs based on the following Renishaw standards:
Control: DPOs should be supported by clear, intelligent, quick-to-operate, pre-configurable software, which offers the peace of mind of automation, alerts and performance indicators.
Responsiveness: Since conditions at sea are unpredictable, and no two operations are the same, DPOs must have the ability to quickly and simply control laser tilt, target acquisition, filters and all other aspects of sensor control.
Designed to support fleets of all sizes
The combined design of Renishaw’s Fanbeam laser sensor, reflectors and controller results in a comprehensive DP system that supports your fleet with reliable target acquisition and tracking.
Our sales and service teams understand your business and what drives successful DP operations. Whether you’re considering your first laser-based PRS and require more information, or if you are familiar with older Fanbeam models and would like to know what Renishaw now offers in terms of support and upgrades, please contact us using one of the contact options below.
Better target identification
The Fanbeam 5 laser sensor is mounted over the working end of a vessel. The sensor emits invisible laser pulses, which bounce off specially designed reflectors that are mounted on the rig or other installation. These pulses are received back into the Fanbeam sensor.
– Image: Fanbeam laser sensorPersonnel on deck and reflective surfaces are not a problem for Fanbeam 5, as the Fanbeam Controller 4.0 software uses advanced algorithms to identify and reject false observations.
– Operators can pre-program range cut-offs for observations, so that anything out of range is filtered.
– On-screen indicators warn of potentially false observations.
– Our range of reflectors provide accuracy in a variety of conditions: our tube reflectors offer low-cost 360° coverage for short-range operations, while our prism clusters provide reliable positioning at longer ranges up to 2000 m.
– Auto-level filtering means settings adjust automatically to allow for changing conditions.
– Operators can tilt the laser during operations, allowing for fine tuning at any time.