The NAVIKNOT Multisensor Speed Log Series offers unlimited flexibility and has been designed with the most modern computer tools for application on all types of vessels. The Speed Logs of Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine measures Speed Over Ground (SOG) and Speed Through Water (STW) with a speed accuracy of +/-1% or 0.1kn whichever is greater.
Benefits of the NAVIKNOT series:
– Varied selection of speed and distance interfaces
– Suitable for all types of vessels ranging from small pleasure craft to the largest crude carriers
– Simple and low-cost installation
– Type approved by Germanischer Lloyd to Marine Equipment Directive (MED) 96/98/EC
– Support of docking manoeuvres by displaying the necessary information
Flexible and Innovative
The speed log measurement capability at slow speed is vital for precise docking of tankers to oil loading and unloading facilities, as well as safe navigation in narrow channels or straits. Operation at high speed assists economical cruising in open seas. While retaining the measurement accuracy the time for installation and space required for installation will be reduced.
Control and Display Units
The innovative NAVIKNOT Multisensor Speed Log Series features two different-sized Control and Display Units (CDU) each with a large colour TFT display, and utilizes satellite-based technology (GPS) in addition to the traditional Doppler and Electromagnetic Sensors to provide the user with high-accuracy displays of dual-axis ground speed and/or single-axis water speed.